Beginning today, May 19, 2020, the Bradford County Library will be open for business. Modified bookmobile service will begin on June 2. Both will be subject to the following guidelines:
- No customers will be allowed in the facility or on the Bookmobile.
- Curbside service will be by appointment only.
- Curbside service will be available for picking up and dropping off items.
- Schedule, select and reserve materials through www.bradfordcountylibrary.org; email email@example.com; or call (570) 297-2436.
- When you arrive in the parking lot or at the Bookmobile at the appointed time, please do not leave your vehicle. Open the trunk and they will place the bag containing the items in the trunk and close it. If you have items to return, please place them in a bag in your trunk and they will remove them.
- Loan periods for books and DVD’s will be two weeks or until the Bookmobile’s next visit.
- The library will not charge overdue fines until further notice.
- Check their website, Facebook page, and local newspapers for the bookmobile’s schedule and for updates on service.
In a press release, library officials stated, “Our goal is to keep everyone safe and to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. Hopefully these measures will be temporary and be lifted relatively soon. We plan to provide limited library services until the health authorities give us permission to go back to full services. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this time.”